BUILDING BLOCKS OF JOY
- Don’t anticipate the worst — expect the best.
- A problem is a problem only if you want it to be. You can transform a problem into an opportunity.
- Focus on where you want to go rather than where you’re coming from.
- Learn from your successes as well as from your mistakes.
- Real success has little to do with a gifted birth, outstanding talent, or high intelligence.
- It makes little difference what’s happening out there. It’s how you take it and what you make of it that counts.
- Happiness is not something owed you. Nobody is handed joy on a silver platter. Instead, you make your own happiness, knowing it is an attitude, a habit gained from daily practice.
— Denis Waitley & Reni L. Witt
“The Joy of Working”